Chickpeas are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber.
They are also high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
Prep: 10 min Cook: 0 min Total: 10 min
1 can of chickpeas, drained and washed
½ tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons water
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon tahini
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until wanted consistency. I personally like a little texture but if you want a very creamy hummus, roast the chickpeas 15 minutes at 180C before blending.
- You can substitute cumin powder with smoked paprika for a more intense flavour to the hummus.
- My recipe has more water than oil for a lighter hummus.
- Meal plan: make this recipe at the beginning of the week and tuck in for a healthy snack.
- For a creamier hummus, roast the chickpeas 15 minutes at 180C before blending.
- If you are a hummus lover make sure to check out my colourful beetroot hummus recipe too!